Here's some exciting news! I've decided that 2016 is the year to do something I've been planning to do for a long time - a Block of the Month program.
After subscribing, at the END of each month you will receive by email a PDF pattern including printable templates for that month's portion of the quilt construction. The first month will be delivered at the end of January, 2016. You are able to join in at any time throughout the year, and the patterns already released will be sent to you, however if you join AFTER January 31 the option of paying month by month will not be available.
On signing up for the BOM, about mid-January you will receive an email regarding the optional notions kit that will be available for the quilt. This is a one off posted kit available worldwide. There will be nothing else with postage attached to it for the BOM, and I am NOT providing any fabric for the quilt. The quilt is a brand new design, exclusive to BOM members until 3 months after the BOM finishes, at which time the quilt pattern will be available for purchase but the video instruction will remain exclusive to those within the program.
The BOM is ONLY available through by website, at www.sarahfielke.com It is NOT available through quilt shops or any other website.
As a BOM member you will also have:
- Exclusive access to a private YouTube channel, where video instruction will be provided for each block or technique, each month
- Exclusive access to a private Facebook page where you can interact with other BOM members, and with me
- Opportunity for options to purchase the BOM month by month, the full 12 months all at once, or including a one off package containing templates, foundation and EPP papers and applique equipment
The signups begin today, through my website! When you click this link you will be taken straight to the website page for the BOM.
So what is the quilt I can hear you all asking??? Below is a SKETCH of the quilt we are going to make. I stress SKETCH because while this is not a mystery Block of the Month, neither will you see the finished quilt that I have made until the last month. The sketch is not in any way accurate in size or scale, contrast or tone.
The blocks shown are representative and will be revealed as we go through the quilt. The border will contain more piecing and possibly more applique than what is shown here. However, I CAN tell you that the quilt will contain:
- applique - which you are welcome to work by hand or machine as you see fit! I will provide instruction for both.
- foundation paper piecing
- English paper piecing
- traditional machine piecing - with template options to piece by hand, which I will also provide instruction for
- step down piecing
- all assembly instruction
- hand quilting instruction
The quilt will finish at Queen size, however there will be advice on making the quilt smaller and changing the border size.
Some FAQ's -
- If you would like to make this quilt as a part of your quilt group, please contact me directly at email@example.com as I am happy to do a bulk discount if you all subscribe together. However all members of a group must be a part of the BOM program to make the quilt, one person joining and sharing all the information out is a breach of copyright.
- If you are already taking classes with me in person, you are welcome to do the BOM or parts of the BOM in class! However you will need to join the program through the website, I won't be able to bring printed patterns to class every month etc.
- Unfortunately I am only able to take payment through my website, I will not be taking cheques or direct deposits for this BOM, I apologise for any inconvenience that causes.
- All BOM prices are in US dollars as the majority of my online customers are in the US. Also apologies if this is an issue for those not in the US but please understand that it makes my housekeeping HOURS easier.
- Full material requirements, some colour guidance, information on the optional notions kit and some housekeeping details will be send mid-January. However I am on holidays from today and I won't be sending anything more detailed than that until then! I will be sending replies to your comments and questions on the blog, social media and via email
I hope you will all consider quilting along with me! I'm really looking forward to making this quilt with all of you, and I hope you will all have a good time while we do. Make sure and join the Facebook group after you subscribe, at https://www.facebook.com/groups/802917486520858/