Entries to the blog competition are now closed. Please make sure you draw your blog prize by the end of day, Monday, June 8 where you are.
If you have been a featured blog, don't forget to check back and see if you won a bloggers prize.
If you would like to offer a prize for a giveaway on SEWN in the coming weeks, please contact email@example.com and we can talk about what you would like to sponsor! Thanks so much to everyone for playing along and I hope you all had fun!
OK, you know how I've been promising I would tell you what I'm going to get up to post MO? Well, the time is finally here. I am going to be....
The Creative Director of a new site for sewers, called SEWN. Exciting right? I KNOW. The website will have just about everything you can think of that you would want online as a sewer. There are forums, online advice from industry experts, conversion charts, colour wheels, free patterns and class listings.
There will be interviews with all your favourite designers, quilters, patterns makers and authors. There will be tutorials with me and with other sewers from here and overseas, podcasts and coverage from shows and articles about all maner of exciting things.
Best of all, there are great unique gadgets - Fabricmatcher, which is an online tool which lets you match patterns to fabrics and see what your project will look like without sewing a stitch, and Find Fabric, which is the niftiest thing that will find the fabric you are looking for without you having to search for it for hours on the internet. It's so clever it even searches shops in your vacinity first to save you on international postage. How cool is that?
Plus there will be an online buy and sell area called SEWiNg, which is where you can sell the stuff you sew to the people out there who don't sew - and some of the ones who do :)
I"M SO EXCITED. I have been busting to tell you all for AGES. The website will be up in June, but for now there is a holding page where you can go read about it and enter the competition to win cool stuff. SEWN is having their own competition you can enter at the link above, and then we are running a Blog Launch Party as well.
BLOGGERS TAKE NOTE: Do you have a blog and want to join in the party? Click the Mr Linky widget on my blog below and add your blog to the giveaway roll. Here’s how it works.
1. Decide you want to be a SEWN Launch Party Blog.
2. Decide what you’re giving away! You don’t need to be a shop or a business to join in, if you want to give away a stack of fat quarters from your stash or something similar, that’s fine! Anyone can play.
3. Click on Mr Linky and add your blog to the roll. Your blog will remain posted on SEWN for the duration of the competition, and will be listed among the first blogs to be in the SEWN blog register when the site goes live.
4. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so I have an email address to contact you at. That way we can send you competition details and extra prize info as it comes to hand, and remind you all of the Launch Party date as it gets closer. I won't spam you, just SEWN info.
5. Download the SEWN Launch Party Giveaway button below and paste into your blog.
6. Post on your blog about your giveaway and the SEWN Launch Party. Let your readers know about what you are giving away and what it’s all about!
7. On the day of the giveaway, Monday, June 8, draw your winner, notify them and blog about it, and do a little dance! Why? Because you made another crafter happy, AND for doing it you were entered into a special draw for bloggers, to win your OWN set of prizes! Yay!!